To support the advancement of animal biology research, habitat monitoring and environmental conservation, Wildlife Acoustics is proud to offer a grant program that provides scientists with products and software to help further their research into the study of bats, birds, frogs and other vocal wildlife.
New and Improved for 2022
We know times have been tough. We are so grateful to our customers for supporting our business these past few years and we want to give back.
We’re happy to announce that we’re increasing the value that we are giving away per quarter through our grant program, from $5,000 to $12,000 per quarter. We hope this allows us to support more critical bioacoustics research projects around the world.
How It Works
Every quarter, Wildlife Acoustics will give away up to $12,000 worth of eligible products to grant recipients worldwide. Applicants may each request up to $4000 worth of products and software licenses. Recipients also have the opportunity to have their work featured on our website and social media channels.
Grant recipients must be associated with a charitable, educational or other tax-exempt organization.
Consideration will be given to projects that meet the following criteria:
- Project makes significant use of wildlife vocalization recordings for data collection and/or analysis.
- The work advances scientific knowledge and contributes to long-term conservation.
- The grant would have significant impact on the success of the project.
- The application provides adequate information to facilitate project evaluation, including detailed expected outcomes and the need for bioacoustics data to support those outcomes.
- The project must begin within one year of the award.
If you are awarded a grant, you’ll be expected to:
- Provide written acceptance of the grant and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Maintain contact with Wildlife Acoustics and provide quarterly project updates.
- When possible, acknowledge the support of Wildlife Acoustics, Inc. in any presentations, meetings, publications and/or materials resulting from the project.
- Submit a final report within two months of project completion, or that phase of the project. Refer to FAQ on reporting guidelines for what is expected in the final report. If you fail to submit reports, you will be ineligible for future grants.
How to Apply
You can apply for our grant here
All sections of the application must be completed in English.
You must include one letter of recommendation but you may submit up to 2 letters of recommendation and/or reference that you feel would be helpful in evaluating the application. These must be in English.
You will be asked to include a copy of the organization's certificate/letter of tax exemption that shows tax-exempt and charitable or educational status. For countries without these, you will be responsible to cover any applicable taxes.
If you can't complete this all at once, you can save your work and come back later to finish and submit your application.