You’re invited to the WILDLABS Variety Hour, our monthly community event connecting you to the exciting projects, research, and ideas that are happening in conservation tech right now. You never know what you’ll find and who you’ll meet at our Variety Hour, and that’s part of the fun! You might catch speed talks from community members working around the world, learn from a leading conservation tech expert, discover a new tool, test your wildlife trivia skills, find a great opportunity - maybe you’ll even do all of the above.
The WILDLABS Variety Hour isn’t a show, or a lecture, or a workshop. It's an engaging, fun, and interactive gathering, giving you a welcoming space to share your own projects and resources, ask and answer questions, have insightful conversations, meet collaborators, make friends, and get to know the conservation tech community in a new way. Great ideas and discussions are sparked when people who share a passion for conservation tech unite. When you come along to the Variety Hour, you’re joining a space full of people who care about conservation tech just like you; when you leave the Variety Hour, we hope you’ll take away fresh inspiration and the knowledge that you belong to a global community who are making an impact in our field all around the world.
- Alasdair Davies: Club Arribada - After-school conservation tech programme training Principe's conservationists of tomorrow (10 mins)
- Andrew Schulz and Suzanne Stathatos: Introducing the Conservation Tech Training and Education Group (5 mins)
- Phyllis Sherril and Janet Kavutha: Building technological capacity among female conservationists in Kenya (20 mins)
Ask, Offer, News (10 mins)
Have your say!
Do you have ideas about speakers we could feature, topics or debates you'd like us to cover, or tech and projects you'd like us to feature? Who would be top of your wish list to have along to speak? Join in this discussion to have your say about how these events evolve.
Can't wait for this Variety Hour? Why not check out our past events! You can find all of the on our YouTube Channel.
- Variety Hour August | Featuring Sammy Andrzejaczek, Justin Kitzes, Tobias Petri and Nathaniel Rindlaub
- Variety Hour September | Featuring Adrià López-Baucells, Felipe Vallejo, Laura Kloepper and David Johnston
- Variety Hour October | Featuring talks from the Climate Change AI Community, Bird Migration Explorer Platform, the upcoming Earth Observation 101 Virtual Series, and we ask 'Is there a future for conservation NFTs?'
To join this month's Variety Hour, register here!
Add the first post in this thread.