Economies and societies around the world need our planet’s diverse plant and animal life to create the products and services we take for granted. Protecting and restoring nature is vital to the future of human life as we know it.
For the first time, investment into biodiversity regeneration is being prioritised. Financing is flowing to projects and start-ups that are creating practical, viable solutions. Governments, companies and individuals around the world now need affordable, scalable ways to link biodiversity commitments and actions to real, evidenced outcomes. That’s where we come in.
Our mission is to provide the data people and companies need to invest in positive outcomes for nature. We capture biodiversity data on the ground using a range of technologies. All the data we collect is organised and analysed first with machine learning, then quality-checked by ecosystem experts to provide measured, quality-controlled analytics to show evidence of any biodiversity gains on the ground. We can then link these measured gains to a variety of financial mechanisms – such as sustainability-linked bonds and biodiversity credits – enabling money to flow to those projects and activities that create the most positive change.
About the role:
Following our €5.2m seed round investment from some of Europe's leading VCs and advocates for a better planet, we are growing our team to support our next stage of growth. We are here to build an institution that changes the way the world collaboratively works on the largest problems our planet is facing, and the only way we can do that is by bringing together a team who is passionate about restoring nature in new and exciting ways.
We are looking for a pragmatic and proactive Field Surveyor who is passionate about nature and being outdoors surrounded by nature! This role will be responsible for undertaking worldwide data collection at project sites dotted across the globe.
- Monitor and collect biodiversity data from project sites using a range of technologies, from drones to audio equipment
- Accountable for ensuring data is collected consistently and according to the specified parameters for each project
- Researching specific geographic locations to gain a deep understanding of the logistical and operational requirements for the respective data collection
- Identifying potential obstacles in data collection and working cross functionally with the analytics team to find solutions and new approaches.
You should apply if you have:
- Remote and unsupervised in-the-field experience, for example with time spent working on field-based conservation or ecology projects, or similar
- A technological savviness which enables you to handle different technologies and learn how to operate and adapt to new ones quickly
- The ability to travel frequently, including to remote parts of the world, sometimes at short notice
- Problem solving skills which enable you to act fast and find solutions when things inevitably don’t go to plan in the field!
- A valid driving licence to enable you to travel to and around each project site where required
- Zero ego and a humble approach to ‘jumping in’, learning and adapting as required
- A passion for the planet and how technology can support the protection and restoration of the natural world
- A conscientiousness in your approach to your work that enables you to work both independently and collaboratively with diverse communities and people you encounter in the field
- A default to transparency and trust, specifically around being accountable for the maintenance and deployment of valuable kit and technologies in sometimes challenging environments.
What we offer you:
- Impact; you will be joining us in the early days of the business giving you plenty of opportunities to contribute to developing an entirely new discipline that will change how value is unlocked from nature
- Industry competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Autonomy; we want to build a culture of trust and give you the space to do your best work
- A fun and diverse team of smart and very driven people
- A very competitive employee participation program
- Remote-first company
We are a remote first diverse team with diverse backgrounds. We expect there will be areas of development so please do apply if you don’t feel that you meet all the criteria. We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity, disability status or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Apply here: https://pivotalfuture.bamboohr.com/careers/35