About the Series
Introducing the WILDLABS Tech Tutors, our new series that focuses on answering the "how do I do that?" questions of conservation tech. Launched with the support of Microsoft AI for Earth, this series will give you the bite-sized, easy-to-understand building blocks you'll need to try new conservation technology, enhance your research, or DIY a project for the first time.
Taking place every Thursday, each Tech Tutor will present a 20 minute tutorial guiding you through an aspect of conservation tech, followed by a 10 minute live Q&A session with the audience.
For participants, the outcome will be an increased sense of confidence in their technological skills, the ability to actively build off of the skills discussed in these tutorials, and an opportunity to learn and collaborate with other members of the WILDLABS community. Our goal is to customize these tutorials to fit the needs of the community and address your needs, so let us know what you want to see in this season and beyond.
Can't make it? You can find every tutorial after it airs on our Youtube channel.
- Daniel Situnayake: How do I train my first machine learning model? | Recording available
- Sara Beery: How do I get started using machine learning for my camera traps? Building accurate, project specific models | Recording + Shared Notes available
- Carlos Abrahams: How do I perform automated recordings of bird assemblages?| Recording + Shared Notes available
- Tessa Rhinehart: How do I scale up acoustic surveys with Audiomoths and automated processing? | Recording + Shared Notes available
- Eric Becker: How do I baboon-proof my hardware? | (RESCHEDULED -DATE TBC)
- Laure Joanny, Rob Appleby, and Alistair Stewart: How do I repair my camera traps? | Recording + Shared Notes available
- Nigel Butcher: How do I easily build bespoke conservation technology? What are the key things I should think about / look out for? | Recording + Shared Notes available
- Debbie Saunders: How do I use a drone to capture VHF tracking data? | Recording + Shared Notes available
- Ineke Knot: How do I use portable genomics in the field? | Recording + Shared Notes available
- Freaklabs with Akiba & Jacinta: How do I get started with Arduino? Customised datalogging with WildLogger | Recording + Shared Notes available
Become a Tech Tutor
Interested in hosting your own WILDLABS Tech Tutor session or mini-series in Season 2? Pitch your idea here.
Add the first post in this thread.