The Silva Lab is now accepting applicants for a fully-funded PhD position in remote sensing of tropical savanna environments. This four-year Graduate Assistant position will involve data from AV-lidar, NASA's GEDI, and other remote sensing data.
Apply by July 1st 2021 for consideration.
Fully-funded PhD position in remote sensing of tropical savanna
Are you interested in remote sensing of tropical savanna with UAV-lidar, NASA's GEDI and L8..etc?
I'm searching for a new Ph.D. student to join my lab (Silva Lab) at the School of Forest, Fisheries and Geomatics Sciences (SFFGS) - University of Florida (UF) in fall 2021 or Spring 2022.
Here are the specifics about the position:
• 12-month/year Graduate Assistant position (for 4 years)
• ~$22,000 annual salary
• Tuition waiver valued at ~$12,000/year
• Covers 9 credit hours in fall/spring, and 6 credit hours in summer
• Health insurance for $10/month
• 8/1/2021 hire date or 1/1/2022
• 4 year commitment for PhD degree
• Teaching duties expected at least one semester per year
If you’re interested, please send Dr. Carlos Alberto Silva your CV (in English) and transcripts (BSc and MSc) before July 1st, 2021. Send applications to [email protected].
Meet other early career community members in our group forum!