Vulcan Inc. is now accepting applications for a UI/UX Designer to help drive Vulcan’s EarthRanger project.
As a UI/UX Designer on the EarthRanger product team, this applicant will conduct research, map user flows, and create designs for digital experiences for EarthRanger products, both web and mobile based.
Seattle-based Vulcan Inc. is looking for our next UI/UX Designer to help drive Vulcan’s EarthRanger project.
You will collaborate with our users, NGOs, and academic partners to understand, design and deliver EarthRanger functionality to aid in wildlife conservation.
You will have the opportunity to design, build, and deploy cutting-edge products that will have a global impact. As a UI/UX Designer on the EarthRanger product team, you will conduct research, map user flows, and create designs for digital experiences for EarthRanger products, both web and mobile based.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with inspirational members of the conservation community to develop a deep understanding and empathy for them and their work.
- Partner with users, program management, and engineers to deliver high-quality products that thrill users and meet conservation goals.
- Practice user-centered design by designing and executing user research.
- Weigh tradeoffs on design decisions and help prioritize development activities, incorporating data, user feedback, and technical constraints/opportunities.
- Research and propose novel technical solutions to improve end-product visualizations of IoT based sensor data and other data streams.
- Create diagrams, wireframes, and mockups to communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively, diplomatically solicit and apply feedback from stakeholders, and collaborate with developers to realize design vision.
- Deeply passionate about protecting animals and the environment.
- Expert at creating functional, creative and beautiful interfaces.
- An online portfolio which demonstrates top-tier excellence in visual design across multiple verticals and platforms (web/mobile/desktop).
- Minimum of 4 years designing engaging interfaces at a senior level.
- Proven ability to distill user findings into actionable proposals.
- Experience conducting user interviews, writing surveys, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Strong presentation, communication, project management, and organizational skills.
- Action-oriented and the ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of design principles, color theory, typography, and weighting.
- Expert-level experience with Adobe CC/Sketch/InVision and User Survey Tools.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution in a related field and 4+ years relevant experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your characteristics include:
- Innovation, collaboration and trustworthiness with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- An authentic appreciation for Vulcan’s mission to solve the world’s toughest problems.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in an evolving, dynamic environment.
- A sense of humor and an appreciation for sharing in success with teammates.
- A keen emotional intelligence quotient and a contained ego.
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
What software tools do you use in your conservation work? Discuss it in our forum!