Technology Lead/System Architect
The main purpose of the role is to develop and build new wildlife monitoring tools through the assembly and integration of (mainly) off-the-shelf sensor hardware into new sensor packages via custom-built software. The purpose of these custom-built tools is to detect, track, and monitor wildlife, and ultimately, to reduce and/or quantify the impacts of renewable energy to wildlife.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• Design and build wildlife detection systems for deployment on renewable energy projects
• Specify and source appropriate hardware and software components
• Create technical implementation plans to build and deploy systems
• Assemble and test systems according to written test plans
• Install systems at remote locations and often under challenging field conditions
• Remotely monitor systems for the purposes of troubleshooting, system health monitoring, and
Download the full job description and eligibility information in the PDF below.
Discuss wildlife tracking technologies in our group forum!