Are you interested in a career in machine learning, focused on the growing potential for innovating new ML fish tracking technologies? Innovasea is now hiring a Machine Learning Engineer with a background in classical machine learning technologies and experience with Deep Learning technologies such as deep convolutional neural networks and deep recurrent neural networks.
This position will have the exciting opportunity to develop novel machine learning solutions for automatically tracking and monitoring fish in real time, and will also mentor junior machine learning engineers and computer scientists.
Innovasea is initiating a major project aimed at developing and marketing the company’s next generation Fish Tracking technology. This important project presents immense opportunities to develop and launch new products into Innovasea’s existing markets, tackle bold technology challenges in order to develop breakthrough capabilities, and develop new products that will help the company pierce into new markets.
In consideration of this major project, Innovasea is currently looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to join its team at its Bedford Nova Scotia location to help lead and develop advanced machine learning fish tracking solutions. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to pioneer novel machine learning fish tracking technologies and products that will positively impact the company’s future technology roadmap. The successful candidate will additionally have the opportunity to mentor and oversea more junior machine learning engineers and computer scientists at Innovasea.
The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of, and foundation in, classical machine learning technologies, such as Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, decision trees, unsupervised learning such as k-mean clustering, etc., and will additionally have mastered and gained significant experience in designing and developing Deep Learning technologies, such as deep convolutional neural networks, deep recurrent neural networks, and experience with research community accepted deep learning models such as VGG, ResNet, Inception, YOLO, etc.
Furthermore, the successful candidate will have excellent inter-personal skills, be an effective communicator, and be driven to make a difference by playing a key role in the development of technology and products that make a positive impact on the world’s oceans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with an elite team of engineers, computer scientists, biologists, technologists, and product managers to design and develop novel machine learning solutions for automatically tracking and monitoring fish in real time.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other machine learning engineers and computer scientists at Innovasea.
- Design experiments to gather and obtain appropriate data sets for training, validating, and testing machine learning solutions and participate in field work to gather these data sets.
- Conceptualize, design, and train machine learning algorithms in frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTourch, Keras, etc.
- Implement and launch machine learning solutions on Innovasea’s cloud-based platform.
- Report development progress and status to Innovasea R&D managers.
- Interact with Innovasea’s partners and customers to define and design end-solution user experience.
- Work with Innovasea’s academic partners on developing machine learning solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience designing and developing Deep Learning technologies, such as deep convolutional neural networks, deep recurrent neural networks, and experience with research community accepted deep learning models such as VGG, ResNet, Inception, YOLO, etc.
- Experience in machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTourch, Keras, etc.
- Excellent understanding of, and foundation in, classical machine learning technologies, such as Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, decision trees, unsupervised learning such as k-mean clustering, etc.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
Highly Desired Qualifications
- Master’s or PHD in computer science with a specialization in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and AI.
- Knowledge of fish tracking technology, fish biology, marine environmental science and/or ocean technology.
This is a full-time position located in Bedford, Nova Scotia.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Innovasea designs the world’s most technologically advanced aquatic solutions for fish tracking and fish farming – and builds them to withstand the toughest conditions. We partner with customers to fully understand their needs and solve their most pressing challenges. It’s all driven by a commitment to make our ocean and freshwater ecosystems sustainable for future generations. Today. Tomorrow. For life.
For more information and opportunities, visit www.innovasea.com
Interested in using your machine learning skills to make fishing more sustainable? Join our Sustainable Fishing Challenges!