Early career scientists with strong publication records for their current care stage are encouraged to apply, as are applicants from Africa, Asia and South America.
Applications close 16 July 2021.
See below for information on how to apply.
Open Call for Associate Editors
The Zoological Society of London is looking for active researchers to join the Editorial Board of Remote Sensing in Ecology and Conservation.
Remote Sensing in Ecology and Conservation is a fully open access journal that aims to provide a forum for rapid, peer-reviewed publication of novel, multidisciplinary research at the interface between remote sensing science and ecology and conservation.
The journal prioritizes findings that advance the scientific basis of ecology and conservation, promoting the development of remote-sensing based methods relevant to the management of land use and biological systems at all levels, from populations and species to ecosystems and biomes. Remote sensing is defined in its broadest sense, including data acquisition by hand-held and fixed ground-based sensors, such as camera traps, phones and acoustic recorders, and sensors on airplanes and satellites.
Sought areas of expertise include (but are not limited to):
- Urban ecology
- Plant ecology
- Marine and coastal ecology
- Citizen science
- Microwave remote sensing
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in remote sensing
Remote Sensing in Ecology and Conservation is committed to supporting the emergence of a diverse, inclusive and transparent research environment. Science and society benefit when a wide range of people, skills, ideas, opinions, beliefs, and experiences are brought together: it helps us to be stronger and better – by generating new research insights and innovations from diverse perspectives, diverse data, and different skills. We therefore strive to cultivate a community built on mentorship, encouragement, tolerance and mutual respect, thereby engendering a welcoming environment for all – for more information, see: https://zslpublications.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/hub/journal/20563485/homepage/edi
- An active researcher with a PhD in a field relevant to journal scope.
- Strong publication record for current career stage.
- Expertise in relevant subject areas.
- Experience of refereeing.
- Though previous editorial experience is desirable, we encourage early career scientists to apply even if they have not previously worked as an editor.
- Making initial assessments of the suitability of manuscripts
- Selecting appropriate peer reviewers
- Making recommendations to the Senior Editor based on reviews received and your expert opinion
- Engaging with the journal through blogs and social media, as appropriate
If you are interested in joining the editorial team, please send your CV to [email protected]. Please include a short cover letter describing why you would like to join the team, and outline your editorial/reviewing experience to date. Applications from Africa, Asia and South America are especially welcome.
Deadline for applications: 16 July 2021
For enquiries please contact [email protected]
Meet our remote sensing community in our forum!