Fellowship website & application page: https://www.activate.org/apply
Over two years, Entrepreneurial Fellows will receive training and at least $350,000 in direct support, plus access to specialized research facilities and equipment through Activate. The fellows will advance their prototypes, refine their business models, build their teams, and secure follow-on funding. The initiative will be run by Activate.org.
To be eligible, you…
- Must have a bachelor’s degree and four+ years post-baccalaureate scientific research, engineering, or technology development experience.
- Must be the leader of a technical project or company that is relevant to our target industries and is based in the physical or biological sciences, or related engineering disciplines.
- Must be leading the commercial development of a hardware-based technology innovation for the first time i.e. not a repeat hard-tech founder. You may apply as a solo applicant or with one co-applicant.
- Must not have raised more than $2,000,000 in debt or equity funding from non-governmental sources for the proposed project at the time of the application deadline.
- Project or company must still be in development and not yet ready for full-scale product sales at the time of the application deadline.
- Must be legally able to work in the U.S. for the duration of the fellowship.
What we look for: entrepreneurial potential, leadership, technical excellence, participation, feasibility,