The workshop will focus on:
- Machine learning (ML) applications for underwater acoustic data
- Day one will address ML/deep learning for developing acoustic detection and classification models for underwater passive acoustic monitoring.
- ML applications for ocean imagery and aerial/satellite imagery data
- Day two will evaluate ML/deep learning for automating the analysis of underwater image and video data, as well as aerial and satellite imagery data.
- Collocated acoustic and imagery data for ocean science applications.
- Day three will have discussions on collocated data sources, research problems that could be solved with ML tools, and collaboration opportunities among institutions.
The workshop will investigate ML applications to ocean big data, in particular acoustics data and image/video data, explore areas of particular interest and relevance, and identify the critical next steps for implementing practical solutions and facilitating widespread application of ML techniques to ocean data.
Please contact the workshop planning team ([email protected]) for any questions.