I'm currently working on a solution to save snakes from humans by helping humans to identify whether a particular snake is venomous or not. The idea came into my mind when one of my friend told me that there are hundrads of thousands of non-venomous snakes are getting killed daily by humans because these snakes are wrongly identified as venoumous snakes.
My idea is to develop a mobile app that detects the snake using a camera app and let the user know a particular snake is venomous or not (and many other useful info). With such a solution, helping humans to take informed decisions, I hope we can save many reptiles, especially endangered and native snakes in a particular geographic region.
Currently I'm experimenting with machine learning algorithms to build a suitable model. I hope to use TensotFlow and Firebase ML Kit to build the AI model and Flutter to build the mobile app.
I need help in following;
1. Are there any similar solutions?
2. To train and test such a ML algorithm, I need may be more than 10,000 labeled images of different snake species. Is there such an image database available?
3. What are the other possible features such an app could have?
4. What are the other human-animal conflict scenarios such a solution could be helpful?
5. How to maintain such an app in long run, how to cover costs?
6. Are there any funding/resourcing orgs with similar interest?
7. Any other helpful ideas?