The Conservation Leadership Programme (CLP) builds the next generation of conservation leaders through annual awards, mentoring and training for early-career conservationists around the world. CLP is a partnership between BirdLife International, Fauna & Flora International and the Wildlife Conservation Society.
In 2021, will be granting awards worth $15,000-$50,000 to teams of early-career conservationists to conduct scientific research, encourage and promote pro-conservation attitudes and deliver tangible results to better conserve and manage the natural world. All CLP award applications are screened for eligibility and sent to be reviewed and scored by conservation experts.
We are keen to bring on board your expertise so that we can best match applications with reviewer expertise. If you haven’t already, will you consider joining us as volunteer reviewer?
What does reviewing proposals involve?
- You tell us if you are able to review between one and three proposals
- We match the proposals to reviewers, based on geographic focus and reviewer expertise
- Each review takes between 1-2 hours. We ask for feedback on project feasibility, contribution to conservation, and capacity development of the teams
- Reviews are submitted via an online portal and reviewer comments are shared with applicants anonymously at the end of the process
Why become a reviewer?
- You help us identify the next generation of early-career conservationists (here’s a short video that shows how amazing they are and what the programme does)
- It’s a great way to learn about new grassroots conservation initiatives
- If reviewing is new to you, it’s an interesting way to gain this experience
How to sign up:
Please register on the new online portal - here, where you can indicate your areas of expertise and interests by the 22nd of November.