The Key Conservation mobile engineering team is looking for a highly motivated React Native Engineer to help develop and manage the Key Conservation mobile app, web app, and serverless environment on AWS. Applicants should have previous engineering/developer experience, as well as experience with continuous integration in mobile app platforms, and a passion for conservation.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Remote but you must be able to meet and work with team members within Pacific Standard Time (PST) and Mountain Standard Time (MST) for multiple hours in a row on a regular basis.
Seniority Level: Entry-level
Employment Type: Temporary part-time 30 hours per week with the potential to become permanent full-time.
About the Position:
The Key Conservation mobile engineering team is looking to add a highly motivated React Native Engineer to their growing team. The team is responsible for developing and managing the Key Conservation mobile app, the web app, and the serverless environment on AWS.
Key Conservation is a conservation tech nonprofit building a global platform (mobile and web) to help fill gaps of funding and support within conservation. We are building the world's first centralized platform for conservation where individuals can use their skills, funds, and in-person help to make a difference in real-time. We are currently in the final stage of phase one and look to launch within the next few months.
- React Native experience
- Expo experience
- AWS experience
- Amplify experience
- NoSQL and/or GraphQL experience
- 1+ years of engineer/developer experience
- Experience with continuous integration in mobile app platforms
- Strong affinity for clean code and simple solutions
- Experience with deployment of production-ready code
- Passion and optimism for the natural world a must, experience in the conservation field a plus but not required
- Able to work in a fast-paced startup environment and be willing to be flexible
- Must be able to work as part of a team
This role will contribute to both apps and the serverless environment, helping improve the user experience for contributors and organizations, as well as contribute to features and bug fixes. In your first week, you will push code and in your first month you will have worked on a feature deployed live to the beta testing of the app!
- Build and implement new features, refactor existing features, and ensure our web and mobile product is robust and scalable
- Improve tech debt on the web/mobile and internal tools
- Build out a product that gives Key Conservation users a top grade experience
- Fix bugs
- Distill complex problems into more manageable pieces
We are looking for highly motivated individuals, who look at big problems and are motivated by them not overwhelmed, who are passionate about conservation and our mission, and who want to make lasting change and impact on a global scale. We are looking for someone who is not afraid of trying new and bold ideas, who is optimistic in the face of uncertainty and is, most importantly, kind and hard-working.
We want someone who is always looking to improve the user experience no matter the time or work that would need to be put in to make it happen. They need to be able to work individually but thrive when they collaborate in a team. The Key Conservation team is deeply driven and audacious. We believe we can change the world and want an individual to join us that believes that as well.
If the above sounds good and you want to get in on the ground level of an organization that is working to help conservationists around the world that you can grow with please apply below.
Please note that we will start interviewing before the deadline and may fill the position before this date. The start date is as soon as possible. If you have any questions or issues with your application please email us at [email protected]