Date & Time
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
4pm-5:30pm GMT / 12pm-1:30pm EDT
Background & Need
During this rapid global adjustment to remote work, our team has received many questions and requests for advice from people who have attended and found value in our WILDLABS Virtual Meetups. We're organizing this workshop to create a space to share our knowledge, answer these questions, and run a community troubleshooting/brainstorming session. Our aim for this event is to assist our community in getting the most possible value out of the remote engagements we are all starting to rely upon more heavily.
- Welcome and introductions (5 min)
- Stephanie O'Donnell & Talia Speaker, WILDLABS Team (40 min)
- Community contributions (5 min each)
- Shah Selbe and Michael Weinberg: Moving the OH Conference online with a week's warning
- Allen Pope: Moving the International Arctic Science Committee formal meeting online
- Stefanie Butland: rOpenSci Community Calls - tools for collaborating in smaller meetings (shared note taking)
- Open Q&A discussion (20 min)
- Takeaways and wrap up (5 min)
Click through image (or here) to watch the full recording.
Resources and Template Documents
To support members of our community who are needing to pivot to virtual events, we have put all our templates and process documents into a google drive. Please use what you need. If these are helpful or you make improvements. please tell us! If you have trouble accesing it, email us at [email protected].
We've also included a google doc called 'Useful Resources for Hosting Virtual Events'. Anyone should have access to edit this document through this link. Please add your links and other resources as you find them.
All images shared in the WILDLABS presentation were shared by our community as part of the Tech4Wildlife Photo Challenge.
Slide 15: Anne Dangerfield / @danger_anne
Slide 17: OpenWild / @OpenWildOrg
Slide 18: Kristen Hechtbender / @HellbenderHecht
Slide 23: Smart Parks / @SmartParksOrg
Slide 25; Andrew Barnas / @AndrewBarnas
Slide 27: Adrian Hughes / @AdieHughes
Slide 28: Simon Hoyte / @SimonHoyte
Slide 29: Claudia Wultsch / @claudiawultsch
Slide 30: Arjun Dheer / @ArjDheer
Slide 33: Claire Burke / @CBurkeSci