Hi WILDLABS GIS-ers,
Here are some upcoming webinars and virtual events that might interest people...
- How to do Map Stuff: A Live Community Sharing Event — Wednesday April 29th (or April 30th, if you’re in the Pacific). Here is a link to the schedule with joining details. Sessions include:
- Get Started with Google Earth Engine
- How to Map an Island in the Pacific
- Making Trail Maps with Strava & QGIS
- The next series of Conservation Biology Institute (CBI) / SCGIS webinars starts tomorrow, April 30th. Webinars in this series include:
- Moving beyond inventories: A new era for rangeland monitoring
- Floods & Fires: CI’s responses to recent natural disasters in South America
- Case studies from TNC addressing conservation in times of crisis
Esri User Conference, July 13th – 15th
This year the world's biggest GIS event is going virtual. Read more and register here.
1 May 2020 7:10am
As if that wasn't enough, here's another webinar for you...
Women in GIS
To celebrate the release of the second volume of Women and GIS, Esri Press, in partnership with Esri’s Women’s Enablement & Career Advancement Network (WeCan), is excited to host a webinar focused on celebrating and highlighting the amazing women featured in the book. The recording of this webinar is now available here.
During this webinar, participants will:
• Hear directly from several women featured in Women and GIS Volume 2 about their work
• Learn how women are using GIS to making a difference in government, education, sustainable development, and more
The amazing presenters in this webinar include: Dr. Susan Wolfinbarger, Rhiannan Price, Verónica Nelly Vélez, and Dr. Catherine Nakalembe
To learn more about the women featured in the webinar, and many other amazing women in GIS, check out "Women and GIS, Volume 2: Stars of Spatial Science". This book is available for purchase today at most online retailers. Grab a copy here.