The Community & Communications Associate Specialist supports WILDLABS and sits on WWF’s Wildlife Conservation team. The role will focus on engaging WILDLABS’ global community, managing communications, and driving awareness of initiatives. The successful candidate will have a strong background in community management, excellent communication skills, and a deep passion for work at the intersection of biodiversity conservation and technology. If you are an enthusiastic communications professional with a passion for community building and a knack for strategic storytelling, we invite you to apply.
- Location: Washington, DC locals or willing to relocate strongly preferred (hybrid position); open to remote candidates within a 2hr time difference from ET
- Position type: Full-time
- Level: Associate Specialist
- Contributes to WILDLABS’ strategic engagement of the conservation technology sector; supporting ongoing development and implementation of an engagement strategy, fostering an inclusive community atmosphere to encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, and eliciting member engagement in discussions, content creation, and volunteer programs.
- Coordinates content creation and management; developing and managing a content calendar that supports community engagement and advances organizational goals; curating high-quality content for public dissemination based on the latest news and developments in the field; creating strategic content highlighting diverse stakeholders and capturing the impact of our programs; and sourcing member-contributed content outreach, guidance, and editorial support.
- Drives social media and external communications; collaborating across teams to ensure consistency and accuracy of messaging across all platforms; managing and growing our presence and following on a range of channels, regularly communicating about our evolving programs; monitoring and engaging in relevant discussions taking place across social media; and cultivating relationships with media and influencers to secure coverage aligned with our values and efforts.
- Supports event coordination and promotion; planning and coordinating virtual and in-person events, including related content development, promotion, live engagement, and follow-up discussions.
- Provides engagement analytics insights; monitoring community engagement levels and metrics, providing regular reports tracking shifts over time and assessing impacts of strategic activities, and refining community engagement and communications strategies based on data insights.
- Lends general support to the WILDLABS partnership, supporting and mentoring interns and others. junior team members where appropriate, providing input into WILDLABS’ overarching strategy and program development, contributing to fundraising proposal development, representing WILDLABS at virtual and in-person events, supporting other elements of our project portfolio as requested by the Executive Manager, WILDLABS.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (required)
- DC locals or willing to relocate strongly preferred (open to remote candidates within a 2hr time difference).
- Open to traveling up to 10% of the year.
- A minimum of two years of full-time professional experience in the conservation field, strong preference for demonstrated experience focusing on technology for conservation impact.
- Strong verbal and written communications background, including an ability to write, deliver, and evaluate communications for specific audiences and outcomes.
- Attention to detail, including editing and proof-reading skills.
- Highly efficient and productive work style, ability to work independently and deliver against deadlines.
- Strong project management skills, including ability to effectively prioritize and produce high-quality work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, Zoom.
- Demonstrated history of leadership, initiative, and accountability for work.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with diverse individuals, across cultures and time zones.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values
- See full listing and submit a cover letter and resume through WWF's Careers Page, Requisition #24043
- Reach out to @TaliaSpeaker or @StephODonnell with questions