Conservify (Conservify.org) is an open conservation technology firm that empowers conservationists and communities to tackle environmental challenges by lowering the barrier to entry for effective conservation. Through the development of new accessible technology built to disrupt the current market, Conservify is breaking new ground in the democratization of conservation activities and data.
As part of our mission to build an “open conservation” community, Conservify launched an innovative new product called FieldKit (fieldkit.org). The product is an open-source software and hardware sensor platform that optimizes data collection and sharing from the field. The product is low cost and easy to use, and bridges the gap between hard science and storytelling by facilitating data storytelling through engaging visualizations and built-in connections to social media. We believe it has the potential to revolutionize conservation technology.
- Golang, PostgreSQL, Goa, Sqlx
- Leads design and development of projects, either independently or in a team
- Assists with recruitment, interviewing, and hiring new team members
- Provides mentorship to junior team members and participate in design decisions
- Full time remote employee role
- Reports to the Principal Engineer
- Position to start immediately
- 2+ years as a professional software developer
- Strong familiarity with front and back end web development
- Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- Experience writing automated tests for front and back end features
- Attention to writing scalable and maintainable code and a passion for quality
- Intimate knowledge of JS and Golang ecosystem (tooling, libraries, etc.)
- Passion for learning and sharing new knowledge with team members
Strong organization and communication skills
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please reference the role to which you’re applying in your email subject.