Economies and societies around the world need our planet’s diverse plant and animal life to create the products and services we take for granted. Protecting and restoring nature is vital to the future of human life as we know it.
For the first time, investment into biodiversity regeneration is being prioritised. Financing is flowing to projects and start-ups that are creating practical, viable solutions. Governments, companies and individuals around the world now need affordable, scalable ways to link biodiversity commitments and actions to real, evidenced outcomes. That’s where we come in.
Our mission is to provide the data people and companies need to invest in measured, positive outcomes for nature. Our platform enables biodiversity data to be captured, in a coherent way, on the ground using a range of technologies. All the data we collect is organised and analysed first with machine learning, then quality-controlled by ecosystem experts to provide measured, quality-controlled analytics to show evidence of any biodiversity gains on the ground. These measured gains can then be linked to a variety of financial mechanisms which reward positive outcomes – enabling money to flow to those projects and activities that create the most positive change.
About the role:
Following our €5.2m seed round investment from some of Europe's leading VCs and advocates for a better planet, we are growing our team to support our next stage of growth. We are here to build an institution that changes the way the world collaboratively works on the largest problems our planet is facing, and the only way we can do that is by bringing together a team who is passionate about restoring nature in new and exciting ways.
We are looking for operational excellence in an Operations Lead who is happy to turn their hands to a wide range of projects and challenges. Initially, this role will involve taking responsibility for the day-to-day operational running of the business and logistical operations for our projects across the globe. With plenty of opportunity for growth at Pivotal, this role has the potential to evolve into a senior leadership position within the organisation. Subject to performance, this role would over time take on ownership of the full operations of a remote first company collecting data from sites around the world.
- Accountable for managing the operational and logistical requirements for our projects across the world, including navigating the sometimes complex environments in which we operate with confidence, solving problems quickly and efficiently
- Researching and evaluating the risks and challenges of sites around the world, including, drone licensing and restrictions, customs and travel requirements and Health and Safety assessments
- Co-ordinating the logistics of staff and equipment in the field, as well as managing risk assessments for staff on the ground
- Streamlining Finance operations, including cost efficiently managing budgets dedicated to project sites
- Business operations to build out the systems and processes we need to optimise the ways we’re working, as well as day-to-day operations, including, software licenses, insurance requirements and workspaces
- Embedding sustainable practices into our operations by tracking and evaluating the environmental impact of the business decisions we’re making to ensure that sustainability is built into every aspect of our logistics and operations
You should apply if you have:
- Organisational ‘super-powers’ enabling you to wear many hats and manage a complex and varied workload. You have a desire to ‘get things done’
- International experience with an understanding of the complexities involved in international logistics, including customs applications and visas, shipping, operating in rural areas and licences and permits
- Clear and direct communication skills, as well as the people skills to engage audiences from diverse background and cultures to build relationships centred around trust and respect
- A strategic, creative thought process. You ‘think outside the box’ to find creative solutions to overcome challenges
- Zero ego and a humble approach to ‘jumping in’, learning and adapting as required
- A passion for the planet and how technology can support the protection and restoration of the natural world
- A conscientiousness in your approach to your work that enables you to work independently, or as part of a team, to deliver high quality work on time
- A default to transparency and trust, ensuring people can debate on best approaches
What we offer you:
- Impact; you will be joining us in the early days of the business giving you plenty of opportunities to contribute to developing an entirely new discipline that will change how value is unlocked from nature
- Industry competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Autonomy; we want to build a culture of trust and give you the space to do your best work
- A fun and diverse team of smart and very driven people
- A very competitive employee participation program
- Remote-first company
We are a remote first diverse team with diverse backgrounds. We expect there will be areas of development so please do apply if you don’t feel that you meet all the criteria. We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity, disability status or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Apply here: https://pivotalfuture.bamboohr.com/careers/26