Key Conservation is seeking a Full Stack Engineer to join their team. This position will start as soon as possible.
Remote. Due to stipulations in our U.S. government grant (NSF), we currently can only hire individuals with the permission to work and live in the United States.
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
We are looking to add a highly motivated Full Stack Engineer to our growing team. The right candidate would help with developing and managing the Key Conservation mobile app, the web app, and the AWS infrastructure.
This role will also be fulfilling the obligations in creating our National Science Foundation (NSF) funded database (K3SS).
- 1+ years React or React Native experience
- 1+ years AWS (or other cloud service provider) experience
- 1+ years of GraphQL experience
- 1+ years of professional development experience
- Experience with SQL databases, preferably PostgreSQL
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment
- Experience designing/developing/operating/enhancing modern cloud-based data platforms
- Strong affinity for clean code and simple solutions
- Experience with deployment of production-ready code
- Passion and optimism for the natural world are a must, experience in the conservation field a plus but not required
- Able to work in a fast-paced startup environment and be willing to be flexible
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Effective and proactive communicator, adjusting language to ensure comprehension by (possibly non-technical) teammates, enabling everyone to make informed decisions
- Capable of overcoming obstacles and finding solutions, including finding/seeking help from internal and external resources
- Embodies a growth mindset and a willingness to go into the unknown: ready to learn about new contexts and new technologies, doing what’s needed to help the team succeed
PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience with Python, Scala, R, or similar language
- Experience creating visualizations exemplifying statistical analyses
- Experience with real-time data systems
- Experience with modern data processing technologies
- Experience developing/maintaining ETLs and data connectors
- Build and implement new features, refactor existing features, and ensure our web and mobile product is robust and scalable
- Improve tech debt on the web/mobile and internal tools
- Fix bugs
- Distill complex problems into more manageable pieces
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is passionate about conservation and wants to make lasting change and impact on a global scale. We are looking for someone who is not afraid of trying new and bold ideas, who is optimistic in the face of uncertainty, and who is, most importantly, kind and hard-working.
Our ideal candidate is looking for a role they can grow with and needs to be able to work individually but thrive when they collaborate in a team. Our team is deeply driven and audacious. We believe we can build products that can help make the world a better place and we want an individual to join us that believes that as well.
If the above sounds good and you want to get in on the ground level of an organization that is working to help conservationists around the world that you can grow with please apply below.
This is a full-time salaried position expecting 40 hours per week with paid vacation and sick leave. This position is for 3 months with the potential to be turned into a permanent role.
Begin your application here. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The start date is as soon as possible. If you have any questions or issues with your application, please email us at [email protected]