ForestLink is a real time, community-based forest monitoring system, which has been successfully deployed in seven countries in Africa and Latin America. Since its development in 2014, ForestLink has succeeded in enhancing law enforcement, pushing for sanctions, legal action and better compliance with social responsibility agreements, and strengthened communities and local civil society.
We are recruiting for a consultant to carry out further development of both the front and backend systems of ForestLink. The consultant needs to have experience in full-stack software development, as well as experience using CouchDB and TextIt. See the Rainforest Foundation website for further details and how to apply.
Skills and experience
- Qualification and experience in full-stack software development
- Experience using CouchDB and TextIt
- Relevant experience in developing similar platforms and functionalities
Budget and timeframe
The development work is expected to be completed by the end of February 2023, with the
consultancy expected to begin as soon as possible.
Please provided the following documents:
- A CV;
- Brief technical proposal, including:
- Proposed technical methodology;
- Timeline for imlpementation;
- Budget including consultancy daily rate;
- Examples of relevant previous work.
Applications should be summited to [email protected] with ‘ForestLink development’ in the subject. Any questions are to be directed to this email address.