The Wildlife Trusts are a grassroots movement of people from a wide range of backgrounds and all walks of life, who believe that we need nature and nature needs us. We have more than 911,000 members, over 35,000 volunteers, 2,000 staff and 600 trustees. There are 46 individual Wildlife Trusts, each of which is a place-based independent charity with its own legal identity, formed by groups of people getting together and working with others to make a positive difference to wildlife and future generations, starting where they live and work.
Contract Type: Fixed term 2 years, full time 35 hours per week
Location: Newark or Home Based. UK travel will be required
Benefits: Private medical insurance, staff electric vehicle scheme and generous pension, life assurance and annual leave entitlement
Salary: Up to £35,000
The Wildlife Trusts are looking for a data analyst to support the build, development and improvement of their new data management solution. This data facility includes spatial data from an ArcGIS Geoportal, personal data from a CRM hub, data from new volunteer management and campaign management tools, business critical systems and open sources of data. The data analyst will work across the federation of 47 different charities to produce new data products and to build and improve the data management solution.
- Passionate and skilled Data Analyst who is eager to contribute to the protection and restoration of nature through effective data management and analysis.
- Strong background in data analysis and management, with experience working with diverse datasets and a range of data sources.
- Comfortable working with relational databases and possess strong SQL skills.
- Experience with data integration and ETL processes allows you to efficiently handle data flows and ensure data accuracy and completeness.
- Prior exposure to GIS data and spatial databases, especially with ESRI ArcGIS Geoportal would be an added advantage.
- Some familiarity with CRM systems and data management solutions, particularly Access Charity CRM, will enable you to navigate our existing infrastructure effectively.
- Adept at working with open-source data and APIs, allowing you to incorporate new and diverse data sources into our data management solution.
- Analytical mindset, coupled with your ability to work with large datasets, empowers you to extract meaningful insights and present them through intuitive dashboards and reports.
- Excellent communication skills, enabling you to collaborate with stakeholders across the Wildlife Trusts federation of charities and understand their diverse data needs.
Closing date for applications: 17 September 2023
First interview: 28 September 2023
Second Interview: 6 October 2023