About the Role
Conservation International seeks a Chief Information and Technology Officer (CITO) to develop and champion the organization’s digital transformation agenda and deliver integrated technology solutions to CI’s operations and strategic goals. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and engaging with leaders from across the organization, the CITO plays a critical role in enabling the organization’s strategic and operational delivery. They will create a comprehensive vision for digital transformation initiatives that support CI’s mission success, prioritize investments in digital solutions, and leverage technology and best practices to further integrate CI’s global environment in 30+ countries.
Importantly, the CITO will lead a team of 30+ professionals who collectively oversee the organization’s information and technology operations, computing infrastructure and architecture, business applications management, cybersecurity, and day-to-day user support and training. The ideal candidate will have a passion for team leadership and strong team management skills. In addition to team leadership and strategic components, the CITO will lead the development of information and technology governance across the organization, including sophisticated organizational IT policies and procedures that ensure smooth, secure, and cost-effective technology operations.
- Strategy, Vision & Leadership
- Team Development & Management
- Systems Modernization and Integration
- Enterprise Cyber Security, Risk Management, and Data Governance
- Business Process and Global Connection
- Master’s Degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering, or another relevant field.
- 15+ years’ experience in the Information Technology field, including at least 5 years in a senior leadership role.
- 7 or more years of experience managing teams.
- Proven track record of success in facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Experience managing IT divisions of complex networks with a mix of strategic, tactical, and service responsibilities.
- Exceptional team leadership and management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of emerging technologies, trends, methodologies, and resource management principles.
- General familiarity with key data privacy and protection requirements in the United States and Europe.
- Executive presence and interpersonal skills to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and affect change through influence.
- Proven financial management and analytical skills, including experience with planning and managing budgets.
- Experience managing organizations using ERPs/CRMs.
- Experience working in a global organization.
- Project management certification.
- Passion for the conservation of nature and a commitment to Conservation International’s vision and mission.
Apply for this position here and submit a resume and cover letter.