We invite you to bring your experience and passion for environmental and social impact coupled with an understanding of applying geospatial technology to become an integral part of Esri’s Nonprofit account team. We’re looking for an individual who is customer oriented and a collaborative team player who enjoys identifying and implementing strategies that will radically improve the challenges organizations face. You’ll work closely with a team that helps new and existing conservation, environmental, and other public-society benefit nonprofit customers optimize and expand adoption of Esri technology, identify new areas of growth, and share expertise that helps deliver on their mission.
At Esri, we are committed to our customers and their success. It is a place for you to do your best work and partner with our customers amid a supportive culture that encourages creativity, collaboration, and passion.
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and implement location strategies for organizations. Maintain a healthy pipeline of business growth opportunities for new and existing customers. Leverage social media and other avenues to build your professional network. Participate and present at trade shows, workshops, and seminars.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes. Use solution selling skills to understand the needs and business challenges of customers.
- Learn and grow. Clearly articulate the strength and value of Esri technology as it relates to conservation and the work of nonprofit organizations. Consistently conduct research and pursue professional development to anticipate customer needs and trends that may impact them.
- Deliver results. Successfully execute the account management and sales processes for all opportunities. Use whiteboard sessions and other techniques to support visual storytelling and propose solutions that best meet the need of the customer.
- Collaborate with your team. Leverage your domain knowledge when working with teams across Esri to define and execute account strategies. Be motivated and resourceful and take initiative to resolve issues.
- 3+ years of enterprise sales and/or relevant consulting or program management experience
- Experience creating partnerships, and establishing yourself as a trusted advisor with customers
- Understanding of account management, account planning and opportunity strategy creation
- Demonstrated knowledge of the nonprofit sector and new technology trends and the ability to translate this into solutions for customers
- Able to negotiate, present, and support visual storytelling across all levels of an organization
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally 25-50%
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in GIS, geography, environmental science, public policy, nonprofit management, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.