ABOUT THIS COURSE
As the field of new technologies is booming and connectivity is more and more available, it is important that protected areas take advantage of the digital revolution. The MOOC TECH will introduce the context of these technologies applied to conservation, existing techniques, prerequisites for their implementation, their scientific and / or technical basis, their opportunities and limitations, their uses in the field etc. Some basics in regards to communications, data storage, software and energy availability will be explained, and new developments such as blockchain will be presented along with examples from the field.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How can new technologies be used for conservation?
- What are the right conditions to use technologies? What are their opportunities and limitations?
- What technical and scientific bases are necessary for their implementation?
There are four main instructors presenting this course: Geoffroy Mauvais (IUCN-Papaco), Roman Eyholzer (Porini Foundation), Simon Hodgkinson (SEN) and Pierre-Yves Rochat (EPFL).The content of the course was created by these instructors as well as the teams of IUCN-Papaco, Senghor University and EPFL.
- Start of MOOC: Jan 23, 2023
- End of MOOC: Jun 19, 2023
OTHER MOOCS ON CONSERVATION
Go to mooc-conservation.org to see all our courses on nature conservation.